[Login][Search][Register]
NOTE: This article is currently being edited and is not to be considered final. This message will be removed once complete.
Foxwood HOA Annual Meeting
Meeting Minutes
November 2, 2020
 
 
I. Call to Order, Roll Call, and Quorum
 
Susanne Towill called to order the Foxwood Annual Meeting at 7:05 PM on November 2, 2020. This was an online Webex meeting. 
 
The following board members were present: Susanne Towill (President), Linda Audino (Secretary), Scott Johnson (Director), Jess Anderson (Welcome), Pat Rowe (Safety), Kevin Proett (Vice-President), George Barnes (ACC), Eydie and Michael Leighty (MyHOA-online).
 
Quorum was reached with 18 members attending or sending in proxies. Susie introduced the current board members.
 
II. Guest Presenter
 
We listened to a presentation from Councilmember Elizabeth Porter of the Covington City Council. 
  • Public Involvement - Citizens can be involved and stay informed by using the Covington website (covingtonwa.gov). Citizens can sign up for E-notification (covingtonwa.gov/enotify), volunteer for commissions, make public comments on City Council meetings, and use Covington Connects to report issues.  
  • Lakepointe Urban Village Project - The estimated completion is 18-24 months. The Covington Connector Road needs to be completed before building begins. There will be 1500 housing units including townhomes and single family homes. 
  • There was a question and answer period with several questions about issues on 256th. City Council can be contacted at citycouncil@covingtonwa.gov
 
III. Financial Report
  • We reviewed current finances and the budget. Our 2020 budget is right on line with year to date spending. Several beautification projects were not done due to Covid restrictions, which kept our spending down. For 2021 our dues will stay the same. Eydie reviewed the current Reserve Study Report. Our monthly contribution will increase from $545 to $640.
Susie asked if anyone was opposed to passing the budget for 2021. No one was opposed, and the 2021 budget was ratified. 
 
IV.  President's Report
  • 2020 Priorities and Accomplishments - The Welcome Committee provided welcome bags to new neighbors, and planned community activities. The board made plans to replace the fence on 256th, and updated R&Rs for parking/vehicles. The Reserve Study, year 2, was updated to determine required finances to maintain and replace common areas. No dues increase is anticipated for 2021.
 
 
 
 
V. Committee Reports
 
ACC
  • Covid hampered us in getting some things done, as certain vendors were prohibited.
  • The fence was supposed to be done the end of summer, but there was a shortage of boards without knots. 
  • Solar lighting at front entrance was stolen. Current lights are being tested to see how they do.
  • Committee will try to turn around ACC requests more quickly.
  • ACC will review/develop a new color palette for exterior painting. 
Safety Committee
  • Because of Covid, no indoor meetings could be held and this kept Block Watch from happening. 
  • Pat talked to Chief McCurdy who said that because more people are home it has cut down on crime. 
  • Pat is willing to lead committee for another year and recruit some people to help. The chief is also willing to help. 
  • If people are concerned about streetlights it really helps to show up at City Council meeting as it has an impact. 
Welcome Committee
  • Welcome bags were given to new owners.
  • A Ghost & Ghoul Pumpkin Parade was held.
  • The Santa Firetruck will be in our neighborhood on Dec. 11 at 7:30. There will be a grab and go hot cocoa bar, and foodbank donations will be collected. 
  • Voting for Holiday Lights contest will take place on Dec. 21. Gift cards will be awarded to top three winners.
VI. Property Manager Report
  • Proclamation 2051 limited fines that could be charged, but this has expired.
  • The city was contacted about trimming some of our trees because of reduced visibility. Staffing was reduced because of Covid, so this was not completed. 
  • Dues invoices will go out in December, and will be due the end of February. 
VII.  Owner Feedback/Discussion
  • There is concern about speeding through the neighborhood. We could do speed bumps on 257th, but not on 175th as it is secondary to Wax Rd. for fire/emergency vehicles. A radar sign might be a possibility. 
  • Owners adjacent to sidewalks need to maintain sidewalks and keep them clear of leaves. Trees raising the sidewalks are trip hazards. 
  • There were questions about roofing color. Pabco Premier Gray is preferred color. If another type of color is desired, contact ACC. 
  • If a fence is shared with multiple neighbors the recommended approach is to talk to neighbors, and have a contractor provide an estimate.
VIII.  Nominations/Elections
  • Scott nominated Willie Blackburn and Weston Gramer to positions on the board.
  • Pat Rowe (Safety), Linda Audino(Secretary), and Susie Towill (President) are all willing to serve another year.
  • The two new nominees ran for open positions. Weston ran for the position vacated by Jon. Willie ran for the position vacated by Cheryl. No one was opposed, and both new members were unanimously approved. 
IX. Adjournment/Next Steps
 
Susie adjourned the meeting at 8:47 PM.
Minutes were submitted by Linda Audino.