Foxwood HOA Board
August 20, 2020
I. Call to Order and Roll Call
Susanne Towill called to order the regular meeting of the Foxwood HOA Board Meeting at 7:05 PM on August 20, 2020. This was an online Webex meeting.
The following board members were present: Susanne Towill (President), Linda Audino (Secretary), Scott Johnson (Director), Jess Anderson (Welcome), Eydie and Michael Leighty (MyHOA-online).
Absent: Pat Rowe (Safety), Kevin Proett (Vice-President), George Barnes (ACC)
The minutes from the July 16th meeting were reviewed. Scott made a motion to approve with a count adjustment, which was seconded by Jess. No one was opposed, and all were in favor to approve publishing of the minutes.
II. Financial Report
- We reviewed current finances and the budget.
- Seven homeowners have balances due; 127 are in good standing.
- We decided people with credits would be reconciled during the next dues collection period.
- A delinquency notice will be started for Issue #9510 because of overdue fines.
III. Management Report
- A review was done of Issues History. It will be necessary to develop a plan to monitor issues, especially with Cheryl's absence.
- In order to make our paint pallet more accessible to owners, a suggestion was made to use one of the online HOA paint pallet tools available on some of the paint store websites. This way we would have more control over colors, and update as needed.
IV. Committee Reports
- The National Night Out organization is pushing for the event to be held Oct. 6th. We would not have a bounce house or food served family style.
- Committee would like to do a Saturday coffee bar where neighbors could visit while socially distancing.
- All welcome baskets have been delivered, except most recent ones.
- Committee is considering an ice cream truck for back-to-school.
- Food trucks can be sponsored by neighbors if on public property. They can't be sponsored by the HOA, because of liability concerns. The empty cul-de-sac at the top of the neighborhood might be a good spot. We would need to make sure neighbors near the site approve. It would also be important that all food is cleaned up, especially since we have had bear visitors.
V. Old Business
- There was discussion about when to replace the fence on 256th. We can do it this fall so that we don't put out money for repairs during winter, or wait until spring when we can better fund it.
- The fence will cost approximately 44 thousand based on the bid from Estate Fencing. There were questions about the extra cost of the third horizontal brace, and that it is not part of the design in existing neighborhood fences. Scott added that the third brace adds additional support, and keeps the posts straight which helps the fence to last longer.
- Eydie commented that we may be able to replace the fence without an increase in reserves. This would involve updating the cost of the fence from 33 to 44 thousand, and moving other expenses out a year. Additionally, we can absorb the cost of the fence without raising dues, and still be able to do some necessary things like putting down new bark.
- Scott made a motion to proceed with fence replacement as soon as possible using Estate Fencing at the cost of $44,722.57, which includes tax. Linda seconded the motion. No one was opposed, and the motion was unanimously approved.
VI. New Business
- Eydie reviewed changes in the proposed budget for 2021. Dues will stay the same barring any changes from Cedcore Reserve Study update.
- The annual meeting will be on November 9, 2020. It will be a Webex meeting, and will be advertised on email and through mailings. Notification of the meeting will be mailed by October 20th.
- We have a vacant treasurer position. Nominations for new board members/replacements can happen at the annual meeting. We don't legally have to have a treasurer.
- Cheryl was the only one who had signature privileges and access to the online account. Susie will now have signature privileges, as will any new treasurer.
VII. Adjournment/Next Steps
The next board meeting will be September 24, 2020 at 7:00 PM on Webex. At this meeting, we need to discuss the budget and term expirations.
Susie adjourned the meeting at 8:45 PM.
Minutes were submitted by Linda Audino.