Foxwood HOA Board
July 16, 2020
I. Call to Order and Roll Call
Susanne Towill called to order the regular meeting of the Foxwood HOA Board Meeting at 7:15 PM on July 16, 2020. This was an online Webex meeting.
The following board members were present: Susanne Towill (President), Kevin Proett (Vice-President), Linda Audino (Secretary), George Barnes (ACC), Eydie and Michael Leighty (MyHOA-online).
Present from 7:15- 8:00 Cheryl Owens (Treasurer), Jon Owens (Director)
Absent: Jess Anderson (Welcome), Pat Rowe (Safety), Scott Johnson (Director)
The minutes from the May 21st meeting were reviewed, and a change was made to the notes regarding the RFP for the fence. Cheryl made a motion to approve, which was seconded by George. No one was opposed, and all were in favor to approve publishing of the minutes.
II. Financial Report
- We reviewed finances and the budget. It was noted that we are over on spending for legal fees, but will be reimbursed at a later date. We need to continue to be conservative in spending.
- Ten homeowners have balances due; 124 are in good standing.
III. Committee Reports
Welcome Committee - Jess was unable to be at the meeting, but provided a written update.
- Fourth of July Parade - Postcards were sent out and reusable signs were posted. There was lower attendance this year, but saw some new faces. Jess had some ideas to improve event for next year.
- Welcome Baskets/Swag Baskets are being delivered to new home owners as committee is notified. Included are CCRs and Rules, and a welcome letter that shares website and Facebook group details.
- A "Coffee Chat Saturday" was proposed. A neighbor/board member from a cul-de-sac could host a coffee truck in their driveway, and neighbors could visit while socially distancing.
- Would like to explore better ways to communicate neighborhood events, possibly emails.
IV. New Business
There was discussion on when we should update the Reserve Study so it will be ready for the annual meeting. A decision was made to perform it in August, and expect it back to us by September 15. We haven't taken action on any activities recommended, but it has informed budget decisions, especially considering the fence.
V. Old Business
- Decisions were made on several issues. We closed Issue #5866, and approved roof color on Issue #10346. We discussed fines owed on Issue #9510, and voted to proceed with the collection process after a motion was made by George and seconded by Cheryl.
- There was discussion on streamlining communication/decisions on ACC matters, especially in the spring/summer when many requests come in from owners. A suggestion was made to use Request Desktop Site on iPhone. George suggested all requests go through him, and then he would communicate to others on the committee. He would send out reminders to committee, and Eydie would no longer send reminders to the committee or board. Eydie showed how to manipulate data in Issues so it is easier to manage.
- Bids were received from two vendors for the fence replacement (Economy Fence, Estate). We need to respond to bidders, and may need to look at replacement rather than continue spending on repairs. Eydie will contact Cedcore to get an adjusted Reserve Plan to go out 1 year from now instead of 5 years, substitute current bid for a new fence, and add painting in one year. Landscape refurbishing, split rail repair, mailbox structure repair/replacement, and mailbox cluster replacement would be changed from 0 to 1 year out. Once we get an adjusted Reserve Plan, the board will need to vote on this matter.
VI. Adjournment/Next Steps
The next board meeting will be August 20, 2020 at 7:00 PM on Webex.
Susie adjourned the meeting at 9:05 PM.
Minutes were submitted by Linda Audino.