Foxwood HOA Board
March 25, 2020
I. Call to Order and Roll Call
Susanne Towill called to order the regular meeting of the Foxwood HOA Board Meeting at 7:05 PM on March 25, 2020. This was an online Webex meeting.
Present: Susanne Towill/Pres, Kevin Proett/VP, Cheryl Owens/Treas, Linda Audino/Sec, Jon Owens/Dir, George Barnes/ACC chair, Jess Anderson/WC Chair, Eydie Leighty/MyHOA-online
Absent: Pat Rowe/SC Chair, Scott Johnson/Dir
The February minutes were reviewed and corrected. A motion was made by Jon and seconded by George; minutes were unanimously approved.
II. Financial Report
- We have $53,186 in Reserves as of January 2020.
- We are right on budget; a bit under.
- Delinquent and outstanding accounts were reviewed.
- Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, there was a discussion on options for people who are unable to pay their account in full.
A motion was made by Cheryl and seconded by Jon. No one was opposed.
Motion - When homeowners, with good payment history call in about delinquent accounts, MyHOA-online is empowered to negotiate payment plans of up to 3 months and putting late fees on hold, waiving up to one late fee at their discretion.
III. Committee Reports
- George is now the chair of ACC.
- The committee is working on an RFP for fence. Eydie will be given names of fence companies so she can get three bids for the east/west fences.
- City of Covington has not responded to calls about tree trimming on 175th Way. This is probably because of closures due to Covid-19.
- Will develop an RFP and seek bids for mailbox roofs at a later date.
- Some solar lights were put in the entrance. Alternatives will continue to be researched.
- We discussed ways to reinstate power and water to the entrance. We need to seek legal advice on this issue.
A motion was made by Jon and seconded by Kevin. There was no opposition.
Motion - The board authorizes HOA-online to engage lawyer to evaluate the plat and CC&Rs regarding owner agreements to share water for credit; the board authorized a $720 cap for lawyer fees to consult on this issue.
- Welcome Committee has not visited new neighbors due to distancing orders.
- An idea was posted on our Facebook site that neighbors could put flowers/stuffed bears in windows or decorate sidewalks with chalk for people to see as they walked the neighborhood.
- An idea was shared about moving grills to front yards, and having a neighborhood barbecue while maintaining social distancing.
IV. Management Report - We reviewed several violation issues and decided to extend the deadline on them until May 1st, then reevaluate. If the issue has been resolved before then, just write a note. A photo is not required.
V. Next Steps - The board will review suggested changes for two documents at the next meeting. Those documents are the existing Bylaws, and Rules and Regulations (parking, signs).
Susie adjourned the meeting at 8:10 PM. The next meeting is April 23, 2020 at 7 PM.
Minutes were submitted by Linda Audino