Foxwood HOA Board
August 15, 2019
I. Call to Order and Roll Call
Susanne Towill called to order the regular meeting of the Foxwood HOA Board Meeting at 7:05 PM on August 15, 2019 at Re/Max in Covington.
Present: Susanne Towill/Pres, Kevin Proett/VP, Cheryl Owens/Treas, Linda Audino/Sec, Jon Owens/ACC Chair, Scott Johnson/Dir, George Barnes/Dir, Eydie and Michael Leighty/MyHOA-online
Absent: Jess Anderson/WC Chair
Reviewed and approved the July Board Meeting minutes with a budget amendment from Welcome Committee.
II. Financial Report
- June was last month on payroll for PropVivo; first month on payroll for HOA-online.
- Mutual of Omaha returned our refund to PropVivo, PropVivo took final expenses out of refund, and the balance will be transferred to new bank account at Chase in August.
- After being paid in full, Issue #5518 was reconciled.
- Property Report - Delinquency notices going out this month for owners with outstanding balances to be due immediately.
- HOA-online imported records going back to 2011; homeowners can now check their accounts online.
III. Committee Reports
- ACC reviewed landscape proposal from Tim's, but decided to stay with Great Results due to a history of good responses to our issues and competitive pricing.
- Lighting - Jon and Scott have done further research and ordered a solar light to test at the entrance. Light might have to be mounted to monument to avoid theft. Battery life is not long due to constant charge/discharge.
- There has been a request made to Great Results to remove arborvitae behind the monuments.
- When work is being done around properties, ACC will inform residents and get permission.
- A fall postcard will be sent out with helpful hints for getting properties ready for fall.
IV. Management Report
- Cheryl will do another walkthrough on 8-16.
- Discussed status of violations for User #3192.
- There was discussion and a motion made by Scott to allow our management company to assign extensions to some homeowners who may reach out to them. Cheryl seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous with 7 Yes and 0 No votes.
V. Old Business
- After discussion, a motion was made by George to change our insurance from State Farm to American Family at the end of current coverage in September. Scott seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous with 7 Yes and 0 No votes. American Family gave us a more competitive bid. We can change/revisit this issue after Reserve Study.
- We discussed a bid from Cedcore for our Reserve Study. There is significant savings in committing to a 3 year contract vs. a one year contract. Kevin made a motion to commit to the 3 year budget plan with Cedcore. Cheryl seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous with 7 Yes and 0 No votes.
VI. New Business
- A decision was made to keep our general meeting in January for one more year. This will allow us time to complete property management transition before we need to notify homeowners about dues and budget.
- We need to discuss budget at next meeting.
Susie adjourned the meeting at 8:45.
Minutes were submitted by Linda Audino